[last updated: Nov 2007]
- Personal Information
- Work Experience & Principal Responsibilities
- Scientific Citizenship
- Publications & Science Contributions
- Top 10 Publications
|Full Name||Dr. Claudia Kerstin Schremmer|
Work Experience & Principal Responsibilities
Research Scientist at the CSIRO ICT Centre, Sydney, Australia.
My current interests are in Computer Human Interaction with a focus on Distributed Intense Collaboration between Teams of Teams. A mixture of face-to-face and computer-mediated communication between team members poses interesting research challenges about presence and perception disparities.
|06/2003 - 08/2005||
Post Doctoral Fellow at CSIRO ICT Centre, Sydney, Australia. Research project title: "Audio Enhancement for Telecollaboration".
|03/2003 - 07/2003||
Lecturer at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. Department of Linguistics. Speech, Hearing and Language Research Center.
|10/1998 - 05/2002||
Research Scientist at the University of Mannheim, Germany, Faculty of Computer Science, Department Praktische Informatik IV
|07/1997 - 10/1998||
R/2 Consultant at SAP AG, Walldorf, Germany
|09/1996 - 06/1997||
MBA at the Collège des Ingénieurs (CDI), Paris and Stuttgart
- current — ACM Professional Member (0978528)
- current — SIGCHI Professional Member
- 2008 — ACM SIGCHI'08, scientific reviewer for full papers
- 2008 — AUIC'08, TCP member
- 2007 — ACM SIGCHI'07, scientific reviewer for WIP track
- 2007 — AUIC'07, TCP member
- 2006 — Chair of Panel session: Evaluation Challenges for Intense Distributed Teamwork. Panel in conjunction with OzCHI'06.
- 2006 — Conduction of Workshop: Supporting Awareness in Intense Distributed Collaboration. Full-day workshop in conjunction with OzCHI'06.
- 2006 — ACIS'06, TCP member
- 2006 — ACM MM'06, TCP member Applications Track
- 2006 — IEEE MMM'06, TCP member
- 2006 — Master Thesis Marking for University of Sydney. Topic: Working under Pressure — Investigating User Behaviour in a time-critical Application on a Tabletop Interface on Collaborative Displays
- 2005 — ACM MM'05, TCP member Applications Track
- 2005 — IEEE MMM'05, TCP member
- 2005 — NICTA-HCSNet Multimodal User Interaction (MMUI), TCP member
- 2005 — ICME'05, TCP member
- 2005 — Thesis Marking for University of South Australia. Topic: Outdoor Collaborative Augmented Reality Robotic Vehicles
- 2004 — ACM MM'04, TCP member
- 2003 — ACM MM'03, TCP member
- 2003-2006 — Delegate for Standards Australia, IT-029 - Coded Representation of Picture, Audio and Multimedia/Hypermedia Information
- 2001 — Invited Tutorial: Wavelets — From Theory to Applications. Half-day tutorial presented in conjunction with IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Its Applications (ISSPA), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 2001
Publications & Science Contributions
For a complete list, please confer to my Publications & Science Contributions site.
Top 10 Publications
- Müller-Tomfelde, Chr., Schremmer, C. (2007). There are "Touchers" and There are "Mousers": Commonalities and Differences in Multi-Input Co-located Collaboration. Submitted to: ACM SIGCHI'08. April 2008. Florence, Italy. (tier 1)
- Müller-Tomfelde, Chr., Schremmer, C., Wessels, A. (2007). Exploratory Study on Concurrent Interaction in Co-located Collaboration. Accepted for publication in: Proc. OzCHI'07. Nov 2007. Adelaide, Australia. (tier 2)
- Schremmer, C., Krumm-Heller, A., Vernik, R., Epps, J. (2007). Design Discussion of the [braccetto] Research Platform: Supporting Distributed Intensely Collaborating Creative Teams of Teams. Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 4553, pp. 722-734, 2007.
- Schremmer, C. (2006). Design Discussion for a Virtual Office tailored to the Digital Media Production Industry. In Proc. OzCHI'06. pp 349-352. Nov 2006. Sydney, Australia. (tier 2)
- Schremmer, C., Epps, J., Vernik, R. (2006). Distributed Intense Collaborative Interaction — Research Challenges in eResearch. In Proc. 20th HCI conference 2006, Queen Mary, University of London, Sept 2006. Volume 2, p260, ISSN1470-5559. Workshop "Combining Visualisation and Interaction to Facilitate Scientific Exploration and Discovery". (tier 2)
- Schremmer, C. (2006). Videoconferencing Offers More than Audio and Video — Making Creative Animation Artists Collaborate between Remote Offices. In Proc ACIS'06; Spencer, S. & Jenkins, A (eds.). Australasian Association for Information Systems. Dec 2006. ISBN-13: 978-0-9758417-1-6. (tier 2)
- Schremmer, C., Pfeiffer, S. (2005). Meta Data Extraction from Linguistic Meeting Transcripts for the Annodex File Format. In Proc. ACM MMM'05, pp 405-412, Melbourne, Australia, Jan 2005. (tier 1)
Best Paper Award Industrial/Short Papers
- Pfeiffer, S. and Schremmer, C. (2004). Automated Annodexing of Meeting Recordings. Associazione Italiana per la Documentazione Avanzata (AIDA). MultiMedia Information Retrieval - Metodologie ed esperienze internazionali di content-based retrieval per l'informazione e la documentazione. Editors: Roberto Raieli and Perla Innocenti. pp. 347-368. March 2004. Roma, Italia.
- Schremmer, C., Cassidy, S., Pfeiffer, S. (2004). Audio Meta Data Generation for the Continuous Media Web. In Proc. 25th Audio Engineering Society (AES) Conference on Metadata for Audio, pp 288-295. June 2004. London, UK. (tier 1)
- Pfeiffer, S., Parker, C., Schremmer, C. (2003). Annodex: A Simple Architecture to Enable Hyperlinking, Search & Retrieval of Time-Continuous Data on the Web. In Proc. 5th ACM SIGMM International Workshop on Multimedia Information Retrieval (MIR), pp. 87-93, Berkeley, California, USA, November 2003. (tier 1)
PhD — Dr. rer. nat. (high distinction). University of Mannheim, Germany . Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science.
Dissertation topic: "Multimedia Applications of the Wavelet Transform" (in English). URL of the online version: http://bibserv7.bib.uni-mannheim.de/madoc/volltexte/2002/45.
MBA. Collège des Ingénieurs (CDI), Paris and Stuttgart
MSc — Diploma Dipl.-Math. oec. (high distinction). Elite University of Karlsruhe, Germany . Faculty of Mathematics.
Dual degree in Mathematics and Economics which combines the techniques of classical mathematics and computer science with the demands of economical reasoning. Master thesis topic: "Ergodic Propositions for Stochastic Spatial Processes".
BSc — Diploma Licence M.A.S.S. (high distinction). M.A.S.S. = Applied Mathematics and Social Sciences. University Claude Bernard, Lyon, France.
|06/1990||High school graduation (high distinction).|
I am serious about Sea Kayaking. A sea kayak can take you everywhere on the ocean, or in contrast allows you to paddle high up a tidal river that is only accessible at high tide. My bigger trips so far include:
- Bass Strait Crossing: From Tasmania to Victoria , Feb-March 2006.
- Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast and return, April 2005.
- Hervey Bay and Fraser Island, September 2004.
- Broughton Islands from and to Fingal Bay, January 2004.
- Sydney to Currarong (Jervis Bay) in three days, November 2003.